SETTING APPOINTMENTS (OFFICE VISITS)
Patients should call in advance to schedule appointments so that adequate time can be allowed for each visit. All office appointments are scheduled through our receptionist by calling (239) 514-2008, Monday through Friday between 8:30AM and 5:00PM.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please notify our office 24 hours in advance so another patient may be seen in your place. Failure to do so will result in a no show fee of either $25 or $50 depending on the type of appointment missed.
If you have a problem that requires immediate attention, but it is not an emergency, please call our office before coming and Dr. Joseph Richichi will work you into his schedule as soon as possible, and in most cases on that same day.
Our phone lines are open between 8:30AM and 5:30PM, Monday through Friday.
Our Phone Number is (239) 514-2008.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency call 911 for emergency medical services.
Dr. Joseph Richichi is on call after office hours, during weekends, and on holidays for his patients. We ask that you limit these calls to emergencies or serious illnesses. Call the answering service: (239) 498-4040 for instructions to reach the doctor.
Please note, medications will not be refilled by an on-call doctor.
For severe situations, go immediately to the nearest Emergency Room and have your doctor contacted!
FEES AND PAYMENTS
Pelican Primary Care participates with several health insurance plans for which the patient is required to make a co-payment and a claim is filed with the insurance company for the remaining balance.
Co-payments, annual deductibles and coinsurance amounts are the responsibility of the patient and are due at the time of service. These payments will be collected at the time of your appointment. Failure to make the required co-payment may result in a surcharge being placed on your account.
Be sure to inquire about the participation status of your health insurance plan when scheduling appointments and at each visit. The patient is responsible for letting us know of changes in insurance and other information. Also, we file Medicare claims and accept the allowable fees.
For patients without insurance, full payment is due at the time of service. Payment may be made by cash, check, or credit card.
You will be charged for additional services you request including (but not limited to): medical form completion, phone and email consultations, and prescription refills (requested outside a scheduled visit).
YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS
The relationship between the doctor and patient is confidential and any information exchanged will be held in the strictest of confidence. Confidential medical information will be released only with the express consent and authorization of the patient.
- Have the expectation to be treated in a manner reflecting respect for their privacy and dignity as a person.
- Have the expectation to be informed regarding their diagnosis, course of treatment and prognosis in terms they can reasonably be expected to understand and to participate in decision making about their health.
- Have the expectation to receive sufficient information to enable them to give informed consent prior to the initiation of any procedure and/or treatment.
- Have the expectation to discuss their medical record with the physician and to receive, upon written request, a copy of that record.
- Have the right to expect information pertaining to their health care will be treated as confidential and will not be released without their, or their authorized representative’s written permission, except as required by law.
- Have the expectation to be informed of unforeseen delays in the provider’s schedule.
- Have the expectation to be able to make a complaint and to receive response to that complaint within a reasonable period of time.
- Have the responsibility to be considerate and cooperative in dealing with office staff and providers.
- Have the responsibility to follow instructions and guidelines given by those providing health care services and to weigh potential consequences of any refusal to comply with those instructions or recommendations.
- Have the responsibility to obtain and carefully consider all information needed or desired in order to give informed consent for a procedure or treatment.
- Have the responsibility to assist in compiling a complete medical record by providing or authorizing release of medical information from other providers.
- Have the responsibility to notify their primary care physician (PCP) prior to seeking consultation or emergency services, except in potentially life threatening situations.
- Have the responsibility to schedule appointments and to arrive on time for scheduled visits or to notify their physicians’ offices if they must cancel or be late for a scheduled appointment.
- Have the responsibility to express opinions, concerns or complaints in a constructive manner.
If you have refills left on your prescription and need a prescription refill before a scheduled appointment, please call your pharmacy. Your prescription will be refilled much faster if you call your pharmacist directly.
Your pharmacy will contact Pelican Primary Care for refill authorization.
Refills can take up to 48 hours to process. So, please don’t wait until you have run out before you attempt to refill your medication.
Please note that Dr. Joseph Richichi needs to be the prescribing physician for medication he refills. He cannot refill medication he has not prescribed.
No refills for controlled substances will be authorized after-hours.
MEDICAL ADVICE REQUESTS
Medical advice requests are reviewed by the doctor with a response from our knowledgeable medical office staff. Dr. Joseph Richichi reserves the right to require an office visit for thorough in-person examination and treatment.
COMPLETING MEDICAL FORMS
Our practice receives many requests to complete various patient forms such as insurance, disability, FMLA, handicapped parking. Completion of these forms requires medical expertise and review of medical record documentation. For this reason, a fee based on complexity and length of the forms will be collected prior to releasing the form. It is the patient’s responsibility to complete their portion of the form and submit it to the requesting party. Please allow up to 7 to 10 days for processing.
In order to ensure needed medical care and appropriate follow up, it is important to keep any scheduled appointment with your provider. In addition, when an appointment time is reserved for you, this time is unavailable for other patients. Advance notice, preferably twenty-four hours, is required when it is necessary to reschedule your appointment. Failure to do so will result in a no show fee of either $25 or $50 depending on the type of appointment missed.